A group of Olive Tree employees met this morning to pray for Olive Tree, our users, our industry partners, and the personal concerns of our employees. We started our time together by reading from Day 3 of Olive Tree’s 30-Day Devotional, which included a Scripture passage from John 15:7 and an excerpt from R.A. Torrey’s book How to Pray. Torrey writes:
“Now for us to abide in Christ is for us to bear the same relation to Him that the first sort of branches bear to the vine. To abide in Christ is to renounce any independent life of our own…and constantly to look to Him for the inflow of His life into us, and the outworking of His life through us. When we do this, and in so far as we do this, our prayers will obtain that which we seek from God.”
The renouncing of an independent life is true for Olive Tree as a business, but it’s also true for each individual who has devoted his or her life to Christ.
What might it look like for you to renounce your independence in favor of a Christ-governed life?
- The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (TSK) in The Bible Study App
- Using the Complete Word Study Bible in The Bible Study App
- My Daily Pursuit – Final Excerpt
- My Daily Pursuit – Fifth Excerpt
- My Daily Pursuit – Fourth Excerpt
- My Daily Pursuit – Third Excerpt
- My Daily Pursuit – Second Excerpt
- Coming Soon – My Daily Pursuit – by A.W. Tozer
- NIV Application Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- 5 Benefits of NICOT/NICNT in The Bible Study App