What Are You Thankful For?
It’s that time of year again in the U.S., when we gather together to stuff ourselves with delicious food, watch football, and remember how thankful we are for the many blessings we have. (Hopefully, not in that order.)
This year, I thought it would be fun to ask around the Olive Tree office to see what our team is thankful for this holiday season. I asked my team members to tell me one serious thing and one not so serious thing that they are grateful to have in their life.
Here’s what they said:
- “I’m thankful for my healthy, beautiful baby.” (Shown above, she was born on 11/20/12 at 1:27am!)
- “I’m thankful for COFFEE! I’ve had about 5 hrs of sleep this week!”
- “I’m thankful to have the opportunity to work for a company that helps people study the Word of God.”
- “I’m thankful for heated car seats in the Winter!”
- “I am thankful I live in a country where basic necessities exist in abundance.”
- “I am thankful for coffee, as I am sure that there is more coffee than blood coursing through my veins.”
- “Well I am thankful for what Jesus did for us, and I am thankful for everything He has given me that I do not deserve.”
- I am especially thankful for opposable thumbs. Can you image what life would be like without them? How would we hit the space bar on the keyboard? Everthingwouldlooklikethisinsteadofnicelyspacedout!”
- “I’m thankful for my kids and watching as they grow up, more of their personalities come out. It’s like watching a mystery story unfold: who did God make these people to be?”
- “I’m thankful for my mother-in-law’s cheesecake.”
- “I’m thankful that God frequently reminds me that he is always with me (because I easily forget).”
- “I’m thankful for how beautiful the inland northwest is, even when it’s raining all the time.”
- “I’m thankful that God has always provided for my basic needs… clean water, food, shelter, etc. A lot of people in the world right now do not have that.”
- “I’m thankful for Thanksgiving leftovers. And because of them, not having to prepare lunches for a week or so after thanksgiving.”
- “I am thankful to the Lord for all He has done. God has done so much for us. He created us. He sent His son to save and redeem us. God gave us life and breath. He gave us joy and happiness (and some sorrow).”
- “I am thankful for our wonderful Olive Tree users, publisher partners, authors and team members.”
- “I am thankful for the users who patiently work through issues with the app so they can persevere with their study of God’s Word.”
- “I am also thankful for car window defrosters.”
- “First, I am thankful for second chances.”
- “Second, I am thankful that the letters L and R have worn off my earbuds and I can now feel free to put them in any ear I please.”
And finally, I’m thankful for having family close so that I can spend time with them all year long, and I’m thankful for slip-on shoes, because who has time for laces?
I hope this inspired you as it did me, to reflect and thank God for the many blessings He’s given you. Let us know what you are thankful for, serious or silly, in the comments.