New features in the Windows Update
The latest update for Windows is out today. Here are a few of the new features that have been added.
Web site links in notes
Web site links now show as hyperlinks in the notes view and will open in the user’s default web browser. These links must start with “http://”, “https://”, or “www.”. To open one of these links hold down Ctrl and click on the link (Figure 2).
To access this feature click on a verse hyperlink (Figure 3) and select the highlight option. You’ll then see up and down arrows that allow you to select multiple verses to highlight (Figure 4).
Categories can be organized with drag and drop
In 5.3.1 the ability to drag annotations into a category was added. In this release that same functionality has been expanded to categories as well. From the annotation lists this allows you to move a category into another category (Figure 5).
Categories can also be organized from the managed categories view. In this view categories can be holistically managed. They can be moved into or out of each other to achieve the desired hierarchy (Figure 6).
- The current search hit now displays with a different color to differentiate it from other search results.
- Search suggestions are now displayed when typing in the main search field.
- Right clicking on a resource in the library views now allows you to select where the resource will be opened. This include resources shown in the quick launch sections on the left sidebar.
- My Daily Pursuit – Final Excerpt
- My Daily Pursuit – Fifth Excerpt
- My Daily Pursuit – Fourth Excerpt
- Mobile Quick Tip – Using the History Feature
- My Daily Pursuit – Third Excerpt
- A Look Inside “A Visual Guide to Bible Events”
- My Daily Pursuit – Second Excerpt
- Coming Soon – My Daily Pursuit – by A.W. Tozer
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary in The Bible Study App
- 9 Get Started Tips for The Bible Study App