How I Use Vine’s in The Bible Study App
Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary is a great resource for who don’t have any background with Greek or Hebrew. Here’s how I used it in a recent sermon.
I read this verse in Genesis 39:2: “And Jehovah was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.”
This passage got me thinking about the word “prosperous”, so I opened the Resource Guide in the split window of The Bible Study App and typed in “prosper”.
This brought up Vine’s under the search menu for tsaleach צָלַח, along with an article about the word.
The article shows some of the different occurrences of tsaleach in the Bible. All I have to do is tap the reference and the biblical passage appears in a pop-up window. This gives me instant access to other places the word is used in the Bible and helps me keep my Bible study on track by not having to stop in the middle of my study to find the reference.
Another great thing about this resource is that Vine’s gives the Strong’s number (6743 in this case) and is tied into the Olive Tree Enhanced Strong’s Dictionary that is included in this resource. This allows me to tap on the Strong’s number and see the definition of the word and the words in both the original language and transliterated form.
As you can see, Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words is a fantastic, easy-to-use resource that gives anyone access to the original languages. With over 6,000 key biblical words that have reference to Strong’s numbers, there is no end to how it can help you understand the Bible and keep your study on track.
You can get Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words for 50% off the regular price now through June 10th. Check it out today!
- Look Inside: Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
- Look Inside: God’s Word Translation
- Advanced Bible Study with The Bible Study App
- 5.9 Update Now Available for iOS!
- How to use a Concordance in the App
- The Voice Bible in The Bible Study App
- Using the NA28 Apparatus as a Part of a Bible Study
- Creating Notes in The Bible Study App
- Look Inside: The Complete Word Study Bible (CWSB)
- Look Inside: New Bible Commentary & Dictionary