Free Resource Friday
George Washington was a man of noble character. He is remembered by many as a warrior, patriot and the first president of the United States of America. His relationship with his God undoubtedly played a big part in making him the man he was. In 1891 a manuscript of some of his favorite prayers, written in his own hand, was sold at auction. It is not known if young George (who was twenty years old at the time) authored these prayers or copied them from another source. They were eventually published in a book, George Washington: The Christian, by William J. Johnson. As you read these prayers you discover how much George was influenced by the Bible. He was clearly humble before his God and aware of how dependent he was on Him for his every breath. Today historians are trying to rewrite the history of our nation to remove any references to God. As you read these prayers, you have an opportunity to view some original documents that tell the real story, at least in the case of George Washington.
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary in The Bible Study App
- A Look Inside the Holman Bible Atlas
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary in The Bible Study App
- 9 Get Started Tips for The Bible Study App
- NIV Application Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- My Favorite Three Bible Study methods
- Bible Study Tips & Resources
- Three Strong’s Bibles Quick Tips
- Four Tips for using Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- What’s in the Archaeological Study Bible?