Free Resource Friday
This weeks highlighted free resource for The Bible Study App is Philo of Alexandria which gives a great glimpse into the first century world of Jesus and the early church.
A contemporary of Josephus and early Christianity, the Hellenized Jewish philosopher and exegete Philo Judaeus provides a fascinating historical glimpse into the world of the apostles and early Church. Philo based his doctrines on the Hebrew Bible, and was a scholar of Jewish law. Philo considered the Bible as the source of revelation and as the repository of philosophical truth. His writings have been invaluable to Christians and scholars seeking a better understanding of the world of Jesus and the early Church. This resource was translated from the Greek by C.D. Yonge.
Find it in the Store on your app or go HERE for download instructions.
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary in The Bible Study App
- A Look Inside the Holman Bible Atlas
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary in The Bible Study App
- 9 Get Started Tips for The Bible Study App
- NIV Application Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- My Favorite Three Bible Study methods
- Bible Study Tips & Resources
- Three Strong’s Bibles Quick Tips
- Four Tips for using Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- What’s in the Archaeological Study Bible?