Enhanced for the Resource Guide: Commentaries
While Bible Commentaries vary in content and interpretation they can be an extremely valuable Bible study tool. Many commentaries include historical and culture context, theological interpretation, and other resources like timelines and charts. The resource guide of The Bible Study App makes using commentaries a seamless part of your study.
In the below screenshot (click to enlarge) I have my Bible opened to Daniel chapter 1. The commentary section of the resource guide then show me which of my commentaries have related entries to this text.
The Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary indicates six entries. I’ll click on that commentary to see a preview of the those entries.
Since this chapter talks about Daniel and his friends being placed in a Babylonian learning environment, I’m interested in learning more about what that may have looked like. I then click on the 5th entry that talks about education.
I can then read a fascinating article about historical Babylonian education that Daniel and his friends would have been exposed to. Thanks to enhanced commentaries like the Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary I can easily gain some amazing insight that helps me view the Biblical text in new ways.
- 5 Benefits of Using the WBC in The Bible Study App
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary in The Bible Study App
- A Look Inside the Holman Bible Atlas
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary in The Bible Study App
- 9 Get Started Tips for The Bible Study App
- NIV Application Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- Galatians For You
- A conversation with R. Kent Hughes
- My Favorite Three Bible Study methods
- Bible Study Tips & Resources