Mobile Quick Tip – Using the History Feature
Have you ever heard a sermon where the preacher says something like “turn to Luke 4:5, hold your finger there, then turn to 2 Kings 17:29″? Well, then you know that turning to both passages and “holding your finger” in a digital Bible can be a challenge.
This is where the History Button can come in really handy.
(screenshots are taken from an iPad and an Android Phone. Click on the images for a larger view)
First, use the Go To Button and navigate to the first Scripture Reference (Luke 4:5 in this case).
Then navigate to the second Scripture reference (2 Kings 17:29) using the Go To Verse chooser.
Now, tap - the History Button: (the clock icon)
From here, you can use the left/right arrows to see your forward and back history.
This will help you navigate quickly between the two passages.
You can also tap “View History/View All”.
Now you can view your history by date or by Scripture reference You can view by date or by title (depending on your device).
The “View All” feature is especially helpful if you’ve ever gotten three verses into a Bible Study and want refer back to one of those previous verses.
Extra Tip for iOS:
If you have any iOS device (iPhone/iPad), you can also use Gestures as shortcuts for the History back and forth. By default, 2 finger swipe left will take you into your History Forward, and 2 finger swipe right will take you to your History Back. You can also go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Gestures/Shortcuts to view other Gestures/Shortcuts or set your own customized Gestures/Shortcuts.
How do you navigate quickly in The Bible Study App? Do you have any quick tips for navigating your history?
- Three Tips for Mounce’s Dictionary to Enrich Your Bible Study
- The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (TSK) in The Bible Study App
- Using the Complete Word Study Bible in The Bible Study App
- 5 Benefits of Using the WBC in The Bible Study App
- Get to Know GOD’S WORD Translation
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary in The Bible Study App
- A Look Inside “A Visual Guide to Bible Events”
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary in The Bible Study App
- NIV Application Commentaries in The Bible Study App
- App Tip: Verse Chooser