12 Days of Christmas – Day 6
Bible Commentaries can be an extremely valuable study tool. Many commentaries include historical and culture context, theological interpretation, and other resources like timelines and charts. The resource guide of The Bible Study App makes using commentaries a seamless part of your study.
In the below screenshot (click to enlarge) I have my Bible opened to Daniel chapter 1. The commentary section of the resource guide then shows me which of my commentaries have related entries to this text.
The Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary indicates seven entries so I’ll click on that commentary to see a preview of the those entries.
Since this chapter talks about Daniel and his friends being placed in a Babylonian learning environment, I’m interested in learning more about what that may have looked like. I then click on the third entry that talks about the language and literature of the Babylonians.
I can then read a fascinating article about historical Babylonian education that Daniel and his friends would have been exposed to. Thanks to enhanced commentaries like the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary I can easily gain some amazing insight that helps me view the Biblical text in new ways.
Several great commentaries are on special now as part of the 12 Day’s of Christmas sale.
- 6 Reasons to use Preaching the Word in The Bible Study App
- 5 Benefits of Using the WBC in The Bible Study App
- Digging into Church History
- Family Devotions Made Easy
- Look Inside: Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
- A conversation with R. Kent Hughes
- Look Inside: New Bible Commentary & Dictionary
- Look Inside: Anchor Yale Bible Commentary Series
- A Well-Rounded Bible Study Library
- A Few Easter Resources