12 Days of Christmas – Day 10
Bible Handbooks and Quick References are great resources that help you go deeper in your Bible study.
Here’s how we’ve enhanced these resources: (screenshots are from the Windows Desktop App. Click for a larger view):
Bring up your preferred Bible translation in the main window. (I have the New Living Translation open to Romans 12:1 in this example.) Click the split window button at the top right of the screen.
Click and hold to adjust the split window to your desired size. Next, click “Tools & Notes” to see the drop-down menu and choose “resource guide.” Please note that the split window opens to the last place that you had viewed, so if you were last in the library, the screen will default back to the library.
The resource guide keeps up with me as I scroll through the Bible text and searches through the books in my library for content related to the Scripture passage in the main window.
Scroll down to view “Places,” “Maps,” “Outlines,” and “Introductions.” All quick reference content will be displayed in these sections. In our example, after clicking “Rome” under “Places,” the resource guide shows me that I have two images available in my library. I can click these images to see a larger view or even view them within the resource from which the content is found, the
I can also see that there are Outlines and Introductions available in MacArthur’s Quick Reference Guide to the Bible and other resources that have related content.
By clicking the book covers for these resources, I can see all of the results within that resource for the Bible passage. In this example, I can see that there are three entries under introductions in MacArthur’s Quick Reference Guide to the Bible. Click the article or reference and I can read the content in the resource. Again, any Scripture verse becomes a hyperlink that I can view within the resource guide.
- Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook: A Companion for Bible Reading
- Look Inside: God’s Word Translation
- The Voice Bible in The Bible Study App
- Using the NA28 Apparatus as a Part of a Bible Study
- My Favorite Three Bible Study methods
- Learning How to Study the Bible
- Get the Most out of your ESV with Strong’s
- Sneak Peek: Archaeological Study Bible Notes
- Enhanced for the Resource Guide: Bible Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- 6 Reasons to use Commentaries in The Bible Study App