Android Quick Tip: Remove Highlights

Posted by on 02/06/2014 in:

So, you just highlighted a verse but for one reason or another you want to remove the highlight. How do you do it?
My stuff icon

Tap on the ‘My Stuff’ icon.
Then tap Highlights> All Highlighters
Now tap and hold on the highlight you want to delete.

Want to know how to add a highlight? Click HERE.

• Daniel says:

Horrible way to delete a highlight. Why is it olive tree is not taking time to work on Android but using all its time on Apple? The Android app is subpar and this is a really tedious way to delete a highlight.

• Monty says:

Hi Daniel,

We are working to improve the Android app and bring all of the features you see on iOS to the Android app. We actually have more software engineers working on the Android app right now.

• Daniel says:

Thank you for your response. I certainly hope these features that have been on iOS for years will soon make it to Android soon. Why the delay?

• Daniel says:

Not years. Can’t edit my message. What I meant was why didn’t Android get the same updates as iOS? Apple cannot be easier to code can it?

• Monty says:

Hi Daniel,

Actually, it is harder to develop software for Android than it is for iOS. It’s mostly because of all the different sizes and screen resolutions that we have to account for with all of the devices that run Android software, and the slightly different needs each device size has. Whereas iOS is fairly straightforward, but they are also adding device sizes and resolutions.

• Ian says:

How can I remove a highlight from Matthew Henry commentry in Olive Tree?

Highlighter has gone crazy and highlights whole chunk, not just the verse I want

• Monty says:

Hi Ian,

It’s possible that the original highlight was made on another platform. If this is the case, then you would have to go another route to delete the highlight. Please reach out to our support team by emailing support@olivetree.com. They should be able to help you with this.

• Alvin Arnold says:

I think the question is no how you totally delete a highlight, but how you delete a single verse that has been highlighted. How do you do this?

• Monty says:

Alvin,

I’m not sure exactly what you are asking. You can remove a highlight from the verse, but you cannot remove the actual verse text. Please let us know how we can help.

• Ian says:

Thanks, but thus problem is not in Bible, but Matthew Henry commentary in Olive Tree.
      I attempted to highlight a SENTENCE, but the whole chapter highlighted. I cannot now remove it to leave just the sentence I want

• Monty says:

Ian,

• Luis Aguirre says:

Is it possible to highlight a phrase or parageaph of any of the books I have on Olive Tree? The tips I read start with “click on the bible verse”.

Thank you for your time.

Luis

• Monty says:

Hi Luis,
            Currently you can only highlight entire verses in the Android app. We are working on the update that will provide more functionality and hope to have it out soon.

• Eric Hore says:

How can I remove all my highlights?
    Is there a bulk remove highlight option anywhere?
    Seems as if the APP can’t handle the number of highlights I have applied and now it is as slow as a dog and keeps crashing