Sneak Peek: Archaeological Study Bible Notes

Posted by on 03/07/2014 in: , ,

One of the great things about our upcoming 5.9 iOS release is how The Bible Study App will be better able to layout text in ways that we could not before.  We wanted to show you a few examples of this using the Archaeological Study Bible Notes. (Screenshots taken from an iPad 2.  Click for a larger view.)

Compare the Study Notes in the Resource Guide in the Split Screen

Split Comparison 1

On the current iOS 5.5.4 App, The Archaeological Study Bible Notes require the entire width to display the images, and that the text cannot flow around the images. In the new iOS 5.9 App, note how the caption actually looks like a proper caption, and the text flows around the images as intended.

Split Comparison 2

Compare the Study Notes in Full Screen

Full Screen Comparison

Text display is just one of the many advantages to this future app update.  Make sure you have our latest iOS update that paves the way for this future update by clicking the link App Store graphic below:

The Archaeological Study Bible Notes and all enhanced titles for the Resource Guide are discounted this weekend.

• RC says:

How about Android version?

• Monty says:

Hi RC,

It’s coming out on iOS (iPhone/iPad) first, but will eventually be on all of our platforms that we support.

• RC says:

Thank you Monty. Seems Android users are behind the updates for Bible+. I’m on the current version ( dated March 4, 2014 if I’m reading it right. Where as Apple app is going from 5.5.4 to 5.9 soon. Tell your developers thank you for the Bible+ app. I really do appreciate it. I use it daily.
        I’m a subscriber to the newsletter so I look forward to future news for Android users.

• Jamie M. says:

• Donald Keiffer says:

Will this 5.9 update work on an iPad1 also?

• Troy Mullens says:

Rough estimate on 5.9 release date?

• Ken says:

Why do all the updates go to the APPLE users? The Android app still can’t highlight one word at a time. I am not buying any more books until you start updating the android app to match the IOS app.

• Dennis says:

i think the answer is in this link..

IOS is usually a business priority.. you gotta choose something to do first right..?

• Dennis says:

mmmm spam

• Tim says:

Can you make available a list of bugs being addressed in the new version? As I get more into using the Olive Tree Bible app on my iPad, I’m starting to find a growing list of problems. It would be nice to know what is being looked at. Thanks!

• Kim Yoong says:

5.9.1 is good looking, but it is too slow for my ipad3 and it frequently freeze up and crashed. After 1 day of testing with about 4 times re-installation, I gave up and back to 5.5.4.

• Monty says:

Hi Kim,

I apologize that you are having so much trouble. We do suggest that you give the app some time to run all of the updates in the background as it can be a little show on the initial startup. Please feel free to contact our Support Team at They can walk you through any questions or issues that you encounter.

• Matt says:

Firstly, I love olive tree! You guys are the best. I have so many notes now that I couldn’t move to another Bible app even if I wanted to. But I do have a couple minor tweak suggestions, which may not even be possible so take with a grain of salt.

First this the app speed, I have the most recent ipad but setting on scrolling still kinda juttering. Not sure if anything can be done about that, maybe load 3 chapters at a time or something? The second is some sort of view option to see an exploded view of my notes and the scripture in tandem, maybe on the left hand side or something. It’s just that if I have a note attached to every verse in a chapter and want to go back to the chapter and view it, it takes a little hunting and pecking.

Once again, thanks for doing such a great job thus far. I have literally been waiting for soemthing like this for years.

• Your commentary demonstrates you’re actually savvy and successful at writing pleasing articles and reviews.
    Ever produce articles for other people? I could compensate you on your work
    (on an hourly basis, per editorial, .etc).

• Hi to every one, it’s genuinely a good for me
    to visit this site, it contains useful Information.

• Evan says:

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with
    the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?

• web page says:

This is my first time visit at here and i am really impressed to read everthing at alone place.