What is the Resource Guide?
What is the Resource Guide? As you read along in your Bible in the main window of The Bible Study App, the Resource Guide in the split window follows along, looking in your library for any Bible study information that is relevant to your reading. As you scroll or change scripture references the Resource Guide will stay in sync looking to all of your study resources making for a powerful and easy to use study tool.
Your Very Own Research Assistant Think of the Resource Guide as your own personal research assistant. If you were reading about Paul’s first missionary journey in Acts 13, your research assistant has a map of Paul’s journey, cross references to passages in Paul’s letters written to the churches he founded, charts that give an overview of Paul’s life, and all sorts of other resources. You didn’t have to do anything, in fact, you didn’t even have to ask. All of the work was already done by your personal research assistant, the Resource Guide.
Completely Customizable The configuration of the Resource Guide is also customizable. To access the options for customizing the Resource Guide tap on the double arrow button (double gear for Android) in the upper right corner. You will then see the various options for customizing the different sections in the Resource Guide.
Here’s a short video on the basics of the Resource Guide:
What types of resources work with the Resource Guide? The Resource Guide is ‘verse driven’ which means that the Bible passage that is open in the main window directs what references appear in the Resource Guide. Not every resource is verse driven but some examples of verse driven resources are:
- Articles on people, places, and other topics
- Study Bible notes
- Introductions to books of the Bible
- Cross references
- How to Use the New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible
- Look Inside: Believer’s Bible Commentary
- Enhanced Sermons for The Bible Study App
- Look Inside: Enhanced Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary
- Enhanced Cross References
- Enhanced Bible Dictionaries for Mobile Devices
- Customize Your Resource Guide
- Look Inside: NIV Application Commentaries
- Look Inside: A Visual Guide to Bible Events
- Enhanced Commentary Set: Expositor’s Bible Commentary Revised