Look Inside: ESV Greek-English Interlinear New Testament
With our newest App update to iOS 5.9 we can now offer Interlinear Bibles! What’s an interlinear Bible you ask? An interlinear Bible typically is the Hebrew or Greek text of the Old or New Testament with a literal English translation between the lines of the original-language text. This is an extremely helpful Bible Study tool, especially for those wanting to dig deeper into original Bible language studies.
Here’s a brief look inside the ESV Greek-English Interlinear New Testament. (Screenshots are taken from an iPad 2, click for a larger view)
Not only can The Bible Study App display the text in an Interlinear format, we’ve tagged the Greek word with the Greek Parsing and Strong’s Definition: Simply tap a word to get more details on that Greek word.
We’ve also tagged the English Word:
And the Strong’s Number:
Searching for this Greek word in the text? No problem. Tap search and The Bible Study App will bring you a list of results for that Greek Word:
You can also tap “lookup” and The Bible Study App will find dictionaries already downloaded to your device that contain more information on this Greek word:
You can also search the Greek word in the same form as the word you’ve tapped:
Or, you can search for all Greek words in the same form as the word you’ve tapped:
We’re really excited about the release of the Greek-Interlinears! To celebrate their release, we’re offering great discounts on the ESV, NKJV, and KJV Greek-English Interlinear New Testament Bibles!
- Improve Your Word Studies with Vine’s New Testament Word Pictures
- What’s New in Bible+ 6.0 for iOS
- Look Inside: The MacArthur New Testament Commentary
- Look Inside: Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament
- Explore the NIV Zondervan Study Bible
- Look Inside: Open Your Bible Commentary
- Quick Tip: Using TWOT in the Bible Study App
- Introducing the IVP Dictionary Series
- Look Inside: The Preacher’s Commentary Series
- Maximize Interlinears and Gospel Harmonies on Your Desktop