Right now the Zondervan Exegetical Commentaries on the New Testament and Old Testament are steeply discounted (50% off).
If you identify with one or more of these statements, this commentary series is for you:
- you would like help interpreting the words of Scripture without getting bogged down in scholarly issues that seem irrelevant to the life of the church.
- you would like to see a visual representation (a graphical display) of the flow of thought in each passage.
- you would like expert guidance from solid evangelical scholars who set out to explain the meaning of the original text in the clearest way possible and to help you navigate through the main interpretive issues.
- you have taken Greek and would like a commentary that helps you apply what you have learned without assuming you are a well-trained scholar.
- you would find it useful to see a concise, one- or two- sentence statement of what the commentator thinks the main point of each passage is.
- you want to benefit from the results of the latest and best scholarly studies and historical information that helps to illuminate the meaning of the text.
- you would find it useful to see a brief summary of the key theological insights that can be gleaned from each passage and some discussion of the relevance of these for Christians today.
Don’t wait, because this sale ends June 26, 2017!
P.S. Daniel I. Block explains the series’ approach in this video: