Create Your Own Parallel Bibles

Posted by on 10/02/2017 in:

Parallel Bibles are a useful way to compare two different Bible translations. In print, you can often find parallel Bibles that have English on one side and another language on the other side or a more literal translation next to a dynamic translation or paraphrase. With the Olive Tree Bible App, you can easily set up your own customized parallel Bible and in video below we’ll show you how.

WHY MULTIPLE TRANSLATIONS?

Now that you know how to create a parallel Bible in the Olive Tree Bible App, why would you want to use one? Here are some ideas:

• Read a more literal translation (KJVESVNASB) alongside a more dynamic one (NLTMessageTLB) to get a better idea of what the text says
  • Have an English translation open alongside the different language text
  • Compare commentaries or dictionaries by having those resources open instead of a Bible

SEE AVAILABLE BIBLES FOR THE OLIVE TREE BIBLE APP HERE!

• Tony Garland says:

Thanks for this tip.

Is there any plan to support the ability to link together an OT-only resource with a NT-only resource to produce what is essentially a composite bible based on two different testament resources? I’ve been wanting to link a Hebrew resource (OT only) with a Greek resource (NT only) so that as I switch between OT and NT passages it automatically knows to open the corresponding resource. As it stands now, I have to laboriously close one and open the other each time I happen to cross the OT/NT address boundary which us quite inefficient.

Thanks – Tony Garland

• Monty Galloway says:

Hi Tony,

No plans to do this right now, but it is a great suggestion. I’ll pass it along to our development team.

Blessings!

• Terry says:

When I tapped on the screen no menu opened and I could never get to the “open study center” he referred to at the beginning and so was unable to open up a second window. What am I doing wrong?

• Cierra Klatt says:

Hey, Terry! In this video, Kyle is using a Samsung tablet. If you’re using any kind of Apple device, things will look a little different. The best way for me to explain this is to point you to our YouTube account, where we have lots of helpful how-to videos. If you have any other questions, or need to be walked-through how to do something, feel free to email support@olivetree.com. They will be glad to assist you!

• William Morrison says:

works great on my android phone, but not on my Samsung Galaxy S tablet. Nothing on the bottom right to even get started. And is the split window function now gone on tablets? I realize tablets may be different phones. If so, just say so. Still the best app.