Introducing the New Testament: A Historical, Literary, and Theological Survey gives historical background, presentation of major themes, and includes maps and compelling images.
Here’s a brief look at how it looks in The Bible Study App
Thanks to all who had fun with us and submitted a picture! We didn’t want to keep them to ourselves so we now present to you the Bearded Theologians of Olive Tree.
As a thanks to all who participated we’ve put The C.H. Spurgeon Collection on sale for this week.
Go here to find out more!
This month we celebrate the spiritual fathers of facial hair and the faith!
We also want to honor you. If you have one already or are planning on growing a beard, share a picture and be entered to win a Charles Spurgeon collection – valued at over $200. Simply click the link below to submit your picture and you’ll be automatically entered to win.
To submit an entry go HERE!
Bible Commentaries can be an extremely valuable study tool. Many commentaries include historical and culture context, theological interpretation, and other resources like timelines and charts. The resource guide of The Bible Study App makes using commentaries a seamless part of your study.
In the below screenshot (click to enlarge) I have my Bible opened to Daniel chapter 1. The commentary section of the resource guide then shows me which of my commentaries have related entries to this text.
The Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary indicates seven entries so I’ll click on that commentary to see a preview of the those entries.
Since this chapter talks about Daniel and his friends being placed in a Babylonian learning environment, I’m interested in learning more about what that may have looked like. I then click on the third entry that talks about the language and literature of the Babylonians.
I can then read a fascinating article about historical Babylonian education that Daniel and his friends would have been exposed to. Thanks to enhanced commentaries like the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary I can easily gain some amazing insight that helps me view the Biblical text in new ways.
The submission deadline has passed. Check back next week to see the finalists!
Submit a video review of The Bible Study App and you could win an iPad Mini!
Between now and July 1st we want to hear how you study the Bible on The Bible Study App and why the app is valuable to you. If you’re as passionate about the Bible and technology as we are then create a video review, upload it to a video hosting site (youtube, vimeo, etc.), and send us a link.
If your review wins, you’ll get an iPad Mini and a $100 gift certificate good for any products from our web store. Before submitting your entry make sure and read the full contest details below for what will make a winning review.
See below for full contest details.
1. Entries will be accepted between June 1 –July 1
2. Video review must be no longer than 3 minutes and highlight 1-3 favorite features.
3. Winning videos will be on the current version of The Bible Study App and contain a combination of:
- clear audio
- specific feature highlights
- screen shots or live video demonstration of the App
- your personal thoughts on the App
4. Submit your video link to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1
5. Finalists will be presented on the Olive Tree Blog the week of July 7, and voted on by the Olive Tree community. The winner will be announced the week of July 14.
6. The winner receives an iPad mini and a $100 Olive Tree gift certificate to use on the web store.
7. Olive Tree Bible Software will reserve the right to feature any or all videos that are submitted as they see fit.
8. Winners will be notified by email. After you submit your video link to email@example.com make sure to add the domain ‘@olivetree.com’ to your safe senders list.
9. Sorry, the Video Review contest is only open to residents of the United States and Canada over the age of 18. Void where prohibited.
10. Employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
11. Limit one video review entry per person.