Posts tagged sync
If you haven’t already heard, our sync server recently reached the milestone of syncing 500 million items. Today, we wanted to give you an idea of what this data looks like in terms of numbers and types of items that are synced.
With over 6 million users of our software, over one million have created an account so they can sync their annotations. Of those million users, here’s some interesting data based on what they’ve synced.
Whether you have a physical or digital Bible, one of the things that people like to do in their Bibles is highlight their favorite passages. This is no different in Bible+ and our users love to highlight. Our users have created and synced over 87 million highlights to our servers!
Of those highlights that have been made, here are their favorite colors: 1) yellow, 2) green, and 3) pink. But, did you know you can also create your own highlighter colors & styles? The highlighting possibilities are endless & you can truly make your Bible+ experience unique.
Although you can highlight more than Bible text in Bible+, the Bible verse that has been highlighted the most is Romans 12:2, which is certainly a verse we should all live by.
Another thing Olive Tree users like to do is make notes. These are an excellent way to use our app. When synced you can access them on any device and easily share them with others via email or your favorite social network. You can create notes on a single word, an entire Bible verse or chapter, or anywhere you can highlight & select text. Notes are a versatile way to remember what you’ve learned as you study the Bible or for preparing a lesson. How you use notes is completely up to you.
When it comes to making notes, our users have synced over 13 million notes. If you were to put each note on a single piece of paper, it would create a stack of paper over a mile high!
The beauty of owning a digital Bible is that it makes it easy to share things with others. With Bible+ sharing verses or favorite quotes is only a few taps away. Again, if you can select the text you can probably share it from the app. Of the users that sync their data, over 1.5 million verses & quotes have been shared outside the app, whether it be to a social network or email. That’s a lot of sharing of God’s Word!
Other Interesting Stats
Here are a few other stats that may impress you about the 500 million synced items:
- Almost 600,000 titles have been marked as a favorite in users’ libraries
- Over 470,000 reading plans have been started
- More than 4.3 million user tags have been created
Finally, a few more general stats that may interest you:
- We’ve received over 38,000 5 Star reviews on iTunes
- The Book formatting department released over 2,000 new titles in 2015
- Customer support answered over 47,000 support tickets in 2015
- Our developers released major updates to 3 platforms in 2015 (Mac is still in the works)
If you haven’t taken advantage of the free sync service in Bible+, register for a free account today!
In celebration of these 500 million synced items and taking a look back at an incredible 2015 we have put last year’s best selling Bible study tools on sale. Add them to your library today!
Note: No user identifiable information was used when gathering these statistics from our servers.
We recently crossed an exciting milestone…
One of the benefits of Bible+ is that you can install it on different devices and those devices have the ability to sync with each other. With the sync feature you can take a note or make a highlight and it will then be available on any device that has Bible+ installed. Not only do all of your notes, highlights, saved passages, and tags sync across devices – but so do reading plans. Start a reading plan on your phone and continue reading on your tablet or computer.
So about that milestone.
Our sync server recently crossed the 500 Million mark! That number represents thousands of people from all over the world who are actively reading and studying God’s word. For all of us at Olive Tree Bible Software this is a great reminder about why we love what we do.
If you haven’t yet taken advantage of the free sync service in Bible+ signup for a free account HERE to get started.
To celebrate this milestone we’ve discounted the top Bible study titles from 2015. Go HERE To see them!
Bible reading plans in The Bible Study App are easy to use and they sync between any device that has the App. Watch this video to see how!
Sync is only possible with a free Olive Tree account. If you don’t have one sign up for one here!
The newest version of The Bible Study App (5.5) for iOS devices has three great new features that are coming soon!
Updated: The 5.5 update will be compatible with the newly released iOS 7. Also, keep an eye out for new iOS 7 redesign in an upcoming release.
In order to see what books you’ve previously purchased or downloaded you currently have to tap Library>Store>Purchased. Then you’re able to choose which resources you want to download to your iOS device. The 5.5 release now allows you to see your entire Library that is available for download.
In the image below your resources that are ‘greyed’ out are ones that are a part of your library but have not yet been downloaded to your device. To download them simply tap the specific resource.
If you tap the button with 3 dots you’ll also have options to make a particular resource a favorite, view more information, or remove the resource from your device and archive it. If you remove and archive a resource it won’t appear in your Library list on that device but it will still be available for download under Library>Store>Purchased
This feature makes it so so that anytime you purchase a resource from the in-app store or online it will automatically download and install on your iOS device. By default it will be turned off. To turn Automatic Book Downloads on tap Settings>Advanced Settings> Automatic Downloads. You can then choose to turn this feature on.
Now when you start reading an eBook on one iOS device it will sync that location with your other iOS device. For instance if you start reading a book on your iPhone you can continue reading on your iPad at the spot you left off.
One of the great features of The Bible Study App is the ability to sync the notes you take with all of your devices that have the App installed. This allows notes you’ve taken on your tablet or phone to be available on your laptop where you can edit them or easily copy and paste them into a word document. For iOS users there’s also another option that we call ‘External Sync’.
The Bible Study App allows you to sync your notes with Evernote. If you have a free Evernote account you can easily sync, edit, store, or email the notes that you’ve created within Olive Tree’s Bible Study App.
First tap My Suff (Briefcase icon). At the bottom select “External Sync Services”.
Then simply tap on Evernote and Login with your Evernote account. From there you’ll be able to sync the notes you made in The Bible Study App and now they’ll be available to edit or email in your Evernote account.
Being a relatively new user of The Bible Study App I can understand the comments I’ve heard of “where do I start?” Here are a few tips to help anyone get started with The Bible Study App and a few refreshers for our active users. (Please note that icon graphics vary somewhat across devices.)
1. The “Library” Button: This is where you can find all of the Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, and other resources you’ve downloaded to your devices. You can choose from All, Recent, or Favorites.
2. “My Stuff” Suitcase Button is the central nervous system of The Bible Study App. Here you can find your notes, bookmarks, highlights, tags, reading plans, and the ever important Sync button at the bottom left. If you haven’t already done so, stop what you are doing, do not pass go, do not collect $200 and Click here to create an Olive Tree Account. I can’t go into great detail here, but there are enormous benefits to creating an Olive Tree Account.
3.“History” Button: Do you ever get three verses into a Bible study and want to refer back to a previous verse? The History Button is the fastest way to refer back to a previous reference. You can view by date or by title.
4. Settings Button is where you can quickly customize the type and size of your font. For a more customized Bible Study App experience, you can then click the “Advanced Settings” for an array of other custom settings (social network, posting, custom gestures, etc) within The Bible Study App.
5. Search Button: Search anything within the resource you are currently studying. In your Bible, you can even limit your search to the Old Testament, New Testament, or create a custom filter or range that you define.
8. The Sync option: I have a terrible memory, but thanks to The Bible Study App, I’m able to overcome it…mostly. I do my daily Bible Reading in the App and click sync when I’m done. This allows me to go into my other devices to access and keep up with my Reading Plan. The Bible is able to sink into my daily life and I can refer back to that morning’s reading from wherever I am – on the go with my phone, on laptop at work, at coffee shops on my iPad, or at home on my desktop. Because of the Bible Study App Sync function, all of my custom highlights, tags, and bookmarks are always readily available.
9. Download The Bible Study App to every device you own. I personally have an iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, Windows 8 Laptop, and Windows Vista desktop. The advantage to having the App on your devices is that with an Olive Tree Account (have you created one yet?) you can access your entire library from wherever you study the Bible.
Obviously, I’m a big fan of the form and function of the Olive Tree Bible Study App. What are your top features of The Bible Study App? Where would you advise a new user to start? I would love your feedback.